Friday, June 12, 2020

Cherry Clafouti - NAILED IT!! FAIL

What to do with all of these cherries?  I know.... I'll make cherry clafouti

Yeah... I've made it before and it wasn't too difficult. I honestly believe that the cherry/olive pit gizmo is one of the best kitchen time savers since slice bread.  I used this on over a pound of cherries.  The batter was easy enough to make.  One direction is the put part of the batter in a baking dish and bake for 2 minutes, then add cherries and rest of batter.  How easy is that?  Well, apparently, not so easy as I messed up somewhere...  It, honest to goodness, could have probably been rolled up and bounced across the floor.  That was the texture of it.  At least I had some great romantic jazz and Andra Day to listen to while I attempted this french dessert.  I will not give up! No, I will make it again soon...just not today.  I'm thinking that I will make a cheesecake. A small bake in a pie pan cheese pie. Brownies would be good too. Darn, I can't decide.  Cheesecake brownies!  That's an idea.  I am not sharing the recipe because, well, it was a fail.  See the scale?  It is supposed to be 105 grams of flour.  I'm just blaming that itty bitty extra gram for the failure! The entire thing was thrown in the bin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Ingredients I must have in my kitchen (It's a long list, but I try and have these items on hand)

  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Cheese
  • Cumin
  • Curry
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Fresh Bread
  • Fresh Cilantro
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Fresh Garlic
  • Fresh Parsley
  • Greek Oregano
  • Kalamata Olives
  • Lemon ( At least 3 or 4 ALWAYS)
  • Peppers (Wax, Jalapeno, banana)
  • Red Wine Vinegar
  • Regular Olive Oil
  • Rice
  • Salad Ingredients
  • Sea Salt
  • Spanish Olives
  • White Balsamic Vinegar