Friday, July 30, 2010

Stress

During the past week, life has not been like a bowl of cherries! New stresses, old stresses, yet to be known, yet feared stresses have all reared their ugly heads! What to do? What to do? Now, I'm really a "go with the flow" type of person who takes life moment by moment. No choice in several matters, that's for sure. Many people hit the gym when they are stressed, running a few miles to forget about everything. Well, I was never a runner, so after a few minutes I feel like a leaded weight! The most I ever achieved in running was a few miles and I never really enjoyed that! Now, give me a beach with the roar of the waves, warmth of the sand, and I can walk for miles. Since I live north of Atlanta, there aren't too many beaches in the area. Lake Lanier doesn't count as it's a man made lake, with no salt air to cure whatever ails ya!! So what do I do? I combine two of my passions: cooking and photography. Now the fun part begins.... what to cook? It's summer, so definitely it will be something out of my Mediterranean or Lebanese cookbook. Since it more than likely won't be a baked item, I'll be able to "wing it" and make the basic recipe my own with tweeks, addins, takeouts, a splash of this and a bit of that!! Will see what happens.

So my stress relief is cooking. When I prepare a new dish, I'm totally involved in reading and trying to think of the final taste and how I can adjust it to my personal likes. My summer "personal likes" are lime, lemon (never had a day without using one in something..... ok, so that's a bit of an exaggeration, but not by far), and cilantro!! Just reading those ingredients made the Mexican cookbook make a flying appearance through my mind. So..... Mexican it is!! or maybe!! I'll do some searching and let you know the results!

This is my last summer day before I go back to work on Monday. It's 10:22am (I'm not usually a precise type of person, but I am sitting at my computer) and I've not had my morning tea yet! Will let you know later.... What would you prepare?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Ingredients I must have in my kitchen (It's a long list, but I try and have these items on hand)

  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Cheese
  • Cumin
  • Curry
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Fresh Bread
  • Fresh Cilantro
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Fresh Garlic
  • Fresh Parsley
  • Greek Oregano
  • Kalamata Olives
  • Lemon ( At least 3 or 4 ALWAYS)
  • Peppers (Wax, Jalapeno, banana)
  • Red Wine Vinegar
  • Regular Olive Oil
  • Rice
  • Salad Ingredients
  • Sea Salt
  • Spanish Olives
  • White Balsamic Vinegar