Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday Morning.....

 Saturday is a day for sleeping late.  The alarm does not go off at 5:15 which is quite nice for this night owl.  During the week, it's a quick cup of coffee to get my day started.  No time to sit and enjoy the aroma of this fine beverage, reading the morning paper, and savoring the taste. This is a luxury I save for the weekends.   I usually make a pot of coffee on Saturday, enjoying the scent of freshly ground coffee.  I like coffee many different ways depending on my mood; expresso with baklava, iced coffee in the summer, hazelnut flavored with teatime cookies, etc....  Most Saturdays,  I prefer a nice cafe au lait (half coffee and half milk).  I have a sweet tooth, so a few teaspoons of sugar too.  During the winter, I may enjoy a cup of steaming hot cocoa or hot tea.  I enjoy fresh bagels from our corner deli, or nice crispy croissants along with the drink.  Greek yogurt with fresh fruit is also a favorite summer treat with my coffee.  

1 cup thick non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup fresh sliced strawberries
1 Tablespoon honey
Dash of cinnamon
Sprinkle with slivered almonds

Nice cool summer treat for breakfast. It's healthy for you too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Ingredients I must have in my kitchen (It's a long list, but I try and have these items on hand)

  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Cheese
  • Cumin
  • Curry
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Fresh Bread
  • Fresh Cilantro
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Fresh Garlic
  • Fresh Parsley
  • Greek Oregano
  • Kalamata Olives
  • Lemon ( At least 3 or 4 ALWAYS)
  • Peppers (Wax, Jalapeno, banana)
  • Red Wine Vinegar
  • Regular Olive Oil
  • Rice
  • Salad Ingredients
  • Sea Salt
  • Spanish Olives
  • White Balsamic Vinegar