Tuesday, April 28, 2009

EGGS

I have always loved eggs, Eggs, tomatoes, and bagels for breakfast, fried egg sandwiches for lunch, egg salad, omelets, deviled eggs, crepes, etc.. I will eat them any way, but raw.

Eggs were always a quick meal to prepare.  One Father's Day, I went to visit my dad.  I conveniently arrived around lunch time.  I thought I would check to see if there was something to eat. There was always something interesting in the refrigerator at mom and dads.  Dad saw me searching and offered to make me an omelet.  It sounded great.  My dad doesn't just make any omelet, he makes great ones.  Without fail, whenever he would make my mom and omelet when we were young, he always put her initials on top with cheese. He never made an omelet with out them on top.  Anyway, I'm visiting with my mom and dad brings me a tray with my lunch: jam, butter, bagel, ketchup, sliced tomatoes, and a wonderful, fluffy, cheese omelet.  Guess what was on top? Yep, my initials in cheese.  I could never make an omelet as good as dad's, but I will share a way I like to have eggs.

1/2 pound Asparagus 
2 Eggs
fresh Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter (I always use unsalted)
fresh parsley
salt and pepper 
lemon juice if desired.


Preheat oven to 450F

Rinse and trim the asparagus, place in a roasting pan.  Toss gently with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.  Roast at 450 F for twenty minutes, stirring occasionally.

After the asparagus are cooked, preheat a frying pan over medium heat.  Add one tablespoon butter to pan.  When heated, gently fry the egg over easy.  Top the asparagus with the fried eggs, drizzle butter from pan on top, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, garnish top of eggs with fresh Italian parsley.  ( I sprinkle a little lemon juice on top)

Serve with toasted Italian bread
Two servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Ingredients I must have in my kitchen (It's a long list, but I try and have these items on hand)

  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Cheese
  • Cumin
  • Curry
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Fresh Bread
  • Fresh Cilantro
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Fresh Garlic
  • Fresh Parsley
  • Greek Oregano
  • Kalamata Olives
  • Lemon ( At least 3 or 4 ALWAYS)
  • Peppers (Wax, Jalapeno, banana)
  • Red Wine Vinegar
  • Regular Olive Oil
  • Rice
  • Salad Ingredients
  • Sea Salt
  • Spanish Olives
  • White Balsamic Vinegar